I wanted to do a quick review on the GlamGlow Super Mud Clearing Mask. I picked up last month for my birthday.
If you’re not aware I already have a blog post where I detailed my experience and love of the Glam Glow Youth Mud Exfoliating Super Tingle treatment mask a few months back. It can be found by clicking on the “Skin Care” tab of my blog 🙂
Upon my initial investigation into the company back in the Di-zay I wasn’t sure there would be a real significant difference between the Youth Mud and the Super Mud. But ya girl was wrong. Dead wrong. To sum it up: the point of the Super Mud is to help clean the pores at the deepest level, while retaining essential skin oils, exfoliating, AND also expediting the healing of existing blemishes. Which is why some people use it as a (very expensive) spot treatment. Almost everything about this mask differs from the original YouthMud formula. From the color, to the consistency, to how it holds up in the packaging over time. Sadly I no longer have any of the Youth Mud to compare this one to..so I may have to just talk you through it.
The company website includes the ingredients and effects of each as well:
- ACNECIDIC-6™ – 4.4% AHA & BHA 6-Acid Blend. PH Balanced.
- Glycolic Acid – Helps Restore Photo Damaged Skin & Improves Skin Texture.
- Salicylic Acid – Helps De-clog to Minimize Pores & New Skin Rejuvenation.
- Lactic Acid – Helps Pigmentation, Moisture, Stimulation & Skin Collagen.
- Mandelic Acid – Helps Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Aging Skin & Skin Elasticity.
- Pyruvic Acid – Helps the Effects of Scarring & Clearer Skin.
- Azelaic Acid – Helps fight Follicle Bacteria & Breakouts.
- TEAOXI™ – Delivers Fresh Natural Eucalyptol, Linalool Oil & Powerful Flavonoids.
- ACTIVATED-X – Xtreme Absorption Vacuum-Carbon Extracts Sebum Oils, Bacteria & Toxins.
- K-17 CLAY – Proprietary 17 Step Process to Better Encapsulate Sebum Oils, Bacteria & Toxins.
- LICORICE ROOT – Helps Regulate & Alleviate Problem Skin.
- PEPPERMINT PLANT – Helps Control Bacteria & Irritations.
- Eucalyptus Leaf – Helps Fight Toxic Skin Complications.
- ALOE VERA, CHAMOMILE, MARIGOLD, CUCUMBER, IVY, HERB – Helps Calm, Soothe & Heal.
*The original Youth Mud product is more green with actual green tea leaves and more volcanic ash acting as an exfoliating agent with a texture of a true past like mud.
*This super mud is a deep grey color and while it does have the volcanic ash in it…there’s a bit less and the texture is much lighter which makes for an easier application and a little of it goes much further than the other. The scent is clean and you can def pick up notes of peppermint which is a key ingredient in the formula.
One thing that isn’t different is the tingle factor. If you ever used a glam glow mud mask you know EXACTLY what I’m talking about. It’s a deep, exhilarating, almost BURNING sensation. I’m talking..the first time I used one..I found it to be borderline uncomfortable.
The main difference is what they do. The original makes the skin feel soft, smooth, pores tighter, and exfoliated. The SUPER mud offers almost identical benefits with the added bonus of clearer skin. It’s great used as a preventative or as a means to speed up the process of ridding yourself of existing blemishes. While the YouthMud has its merits I honestly don’t foresee myself picking it up again.
The SuperMud takes care of all my basic skin care needs and combats the soul crushing, embarrassing, out of nowhere breakouts I have been cursed with at this point in my life without drying out my skin. Which is very important to me as my goal in my skin care is to battle acne without drying my skin out to the point of causing premature wrinkles.
And the grand daddy of all benefits here with the Super Mud is how it preserves in the packaging.
The Youth Mud dried out in its sealed container in about thee weeks. Because of the hefty price tag..I was intent on preserving it and making it last as long as possible. To no avail because after using it only three times the product became hard and totally un-usebale. With the SuperMud I have gotten almost 6 weeks of use out of it!
Over all I would MORE than recommend the SuperMud Clearing Treatment in you are considering taking the leap and investing in a GlamGlow product.
I am obsessed with everything about the mask and it will definitely be a staple in my skin care arsenal for as long as the good people at Glam Glow continue to make it. The price tag is a little steep but considering all the benefits your skin will get from it…i don’t really see a reason that it wouldn’t be considered a great investment. I’m always preaching the importance of skin care to my readers, followers, viewers, and clients and that’s simply because your makeup will only ever be as good as the skin you put on top of it. And don’t you ever forget it 🙂
I hope you guys are having an amazing day! Please check out my Instagram, my Facebook, and my Youtube Channel. Links can be found on my home page. 🙂